Thursday, September 15, 2011

Up All Night

Well...not really, but it feels like we are sometimes.  Daniel has spats of not wanting to sleep alone, so we have to let him use us as mattresses.  Katie's more like a twin size, where as I fall in around the Queen-King size...depends on the size of my last meal.

Mattress!



Welp..we just got back from Daniel's weekly checkup.  He's getting quite fat, coming in at a whopping 8lbs 9 and 1/2 oz.  I was exploring some dieting actions...maybe Jenny Craig has a newborn... eh Katie said not to worry about it.  It's normal for infants to grow I guess =)

I'm going in reverse today.  Yesterday, we were able to visit with my family over at my parents house.  Unfortunately, I forgot the camera, so you'll have to just imagine how good he was.  Didn't fuss at all.  I feel like we're training him quite well.  Katie also had an excursion to her Aunt Valerie's house, also which has no physical documentation...so it could all be a lie.  Heck, she could have been taking him out to Coldstone or something....or something...oh well, I believe her.
Rickyard

He's really been a champ at home.  If there were a weight-lifting contest for newborns, he would be right up there with the big dawgs.  I mean, he lifts that enormous noggin of his (courtesy of Zac Konrad).  His tear ducts are starting to come alive, so now his crying and drooling can be accompanied by tears.  He was getting some nice yellow goop with that though, so we decided to take him into the doctor, and he's been fine ever since.  We've still been receiving such nice meals from friends and family.  Thank you so much to the wonderful couples from our Sunday School class.  Thank you to the Coopers, Thiemanns, Drowns, and Halls.  What wonderful food.  We're very spoiled and blessed. 

Sleeping like a celestial creature.

A lot of people ask about how Katie's feeling, and I have not been writing up here often enough.  She's been doing quite well despite giving birth so recently.  She's been up and about since day one.  She's always been quite active though, I think the loss of 8lbs 4 oz in her abdomen helped simplify movement though.  She's an awesome mom already.  Very good at what she does..and I had no doubt.  She takes walks though, gets out daily, and like I said..serves as a GREAT mattress for Daniel!

Decent Husker family picture.
We're looking forward to the weekend with the game and possibly heading down to Nebraska City for the good ol' Applejack Festival.  It should be a good time.  Chilling with family, heading south to Neb City, eating apples, apples, and more apples...and so on...



SOMEONE ruined this photo...

1 comment: