Monday, September 19, 2011

Someone's Got a Case of the Mom-days

What a pun, right?!  The content of this blog has little to do with the title other than it was the first thing to jump in my head.  I guess Daniel chills a bunch with his Mama. 

Just chilling
He's been such a chill guy today.  It's not too often (for me at least) that he's awake and NOT crying, but today he's been hanging, getting tummy time, looking around, and without even a little fuss.  I feel like our strict *training is working.  We kind of went picture happy because he was so stinking cute and the camera was just right there.  I decided to see if I could make a two-week old laugh (even though I know it's not really...possible) by making raspberries in his stomach and telling a couple jokes...no dice.  He just responded with brow furrowing and confused looks.  He was quite fun though.  His neck's getting quite strong, despite how large his noggin is. 
So alert.



Hanging with the elder Konrads
We had a busy weekend of bachelor/bachelorette parties (Katie's brother, Brian is getting married in October), the Applejack Festival, Husker gaming and family time.  All of it was a wonderful time.  The Applejack Fest was a pretty wet and cold, but Daniel slept the whole time and I got a sweet apple doughnut, so I consider it a success.  Afterwards, we watched the game.  Daniel still is obsessed with Baylor..and they seem to be doing pretty well, so I guess we'll have to increase his training/brain-washing.  We watched part of the game at my parents' house and it was certainly a good time.   Lots of baby passing.  Sunday included church and some time with Kate's family.  It was also a wonderful time. 

Sister and Son
Daniel has been doing so well.  As I wrote last week, his doctor gave him a great "grade" and we're thrilled that.  He was quite fussy for a part of the last week, but we chalked it up to his two-week growth spurt.  Just the past couple days, he's been doing great, however.  He's starting to get in a steady routine and, although we have to let him cry it out sometimes...and that's one of the hardest things ever, he's starting to sleep through the night.  What a stud though.  I'm so proud of him. 

This week is very busy for me, so that unfortunately means Kate is without her manly man (me).  She's amazing though, so I never worry, I just sure wish I could be around more often.  Thankfully, I've had the time off that I've taken, so I'm quite happy I did so.  No regrets. 

Well...that seems to be it for today...and....so......on..
 

*Daniel's training includes eating, sleeping, pooping, and sleeping some more.  

Training.

No comments:

Post a Comment