Saturday, September 10, 2011

It's Game Day

In this house (apartment actually, but just roll with it), we are Husker fans.  It's just the way it is.  I was talking to Daniel this morning and he was talking about how he likes Baylor's quarterback this year and think he has a shot at the Heisman.  I told him that we have a pretty good quarterback too at Nebraska and I'm excited to see how he grows this season.  He scoffed at me and told me to watch out for Baylor...even though we'll likely not play them.  Looks like we have some brainwashing to do.


Cutie Patooti
I'm sitting here watching our bundle of flesh sleep.  Can you believe he's a week old now?  I'm pretty sure he just passed gas.  He's been sleeping like a champ since we came home, but now he's a champ at sleeping without using our bodies as mattresses.  I thought that I could get in a quick blog update while he slept so well..but he's beginning to stir, so that might delay..

Facepalm at my joke(s)


We've continued our trend of venturing out daily and Wednesday we headed up to Immanuel to visit Katie's colleague and friend, Kelly who just had her OWN baby, Duncan.  He's a handsome looking dude as well.  I'm sure Daniel would approve if he could form verbal opinions yet.  Maybe he could learn to draw...eh.  He did a great job and we followed that hospital trip with his very first pediatrician. Doctor said he was a stud (not in those exact words, but he did score some very high marks).  He's extremely healthy right now.  The only stuff that concerned us was excessive hiccuping and sneezing, but that's all normal at this point.  He's even almost able to suck his thumb, which I'm told is quite exceptional.  I can do it faster than him though.


Can you believe they're the same age???..kidding


We were able to have my best friend, William, his wife, Lucy, and their 5-month old, Isaiah over on Wednesday night.  We've decided that Isaiah and Daniel are stuck together..they have to be buddies no matter what. They coincidentally were in town on their way to California and it could not have been better timing.  We cannot wait to make a trip out to California..one day.  They have their own blog (which we ripped off) here

Great family pic.

On Thursday, we visited one of Kate's elementary schools, Wheeler Elementary.  Time for Daniel to put on the charm.

Ladies' Man


Daniel's time at home has been quite good.  His behavior I mean.  He certainly has his moments of hysteria, but they are few and far between.  Most of the time he either sleeps or is "alert" and looking around, exploring often with furrowed brows.  Friday, September 9th was the first day I had to leave to go back to school for a parade and it certainly was hard. I love my job and my students are great, but man...I enjoy chilling with my son and wife.  That's life though I guess...

We're heading to Kate's parents' house today for the game (I'm actually meeting them there because I have a parade today), Daniel's chilling with Nana K tomorrow for a bit, more family stuff, some time with my buddy, Joe, than back to the grind on Monday..for half-days at least =)  Again, as always, thank you to all of you who have brought us food:  Our wonderful mothers, Jen and Queno, Anna, Angie and Kevin, Emily and Jason...and Eric that one time he brought me BK in the hospital.  What a great thing to do!  We LOVE it!  ...and so on...

Me...having fun.

1 comment:

  1. How did you get him to do the See no evil...etc. poses. Did you just wait to get the shots or did you pose him?

    ReplyDelete