Saturday, August 6, 2011

Making Predictions

First off, I have to address the mob of people close to rioting over this belated post.  You see...I've committed to updating this weekly on Fridays and it is currently Saturday morning.  I was just contacted by Blogger and they're downgrading my Blog rating.  They are quite cruel.  Anyways..

Baby Crenshaw with its quarter toy.
Katie just had her first of weekly appointments up until the drop.  The doctor is predicting we're on the earlier end of our due date...so this baby stuff is becoming much more real to me (I'm sure my wife, the baby craft carrier, would have a different perspective).  Danny has still been growing like crazy.  Do me a favor, everyone go to your fridge, grab your crenshaw melon,  put it in a chair or on a table, maybe put a bonnet on it, this will give you an idea of Danny's size.  We think the key to his growth is more ice cream...doctor's orders. 

This'll work
Katie has been feeling the pains of carrying this added load.  Her back and hips have been giving her some issues.  I've told her to consider me attaching a 2x4 or something to it to help with the support.  She hasn't gotten back to me yet, but I might make a trip to Menards today or something.  Danny's been jabbing a foot or knee into her left side quite frequently.  It becomes quite pointy.  You can even feel it and it's quite wonderful (not so much for Kate...kind of hurts I guess). 

Kate also returned work this week and this has meant much more active days.  Our diagnosis is that this might be contributing to her pain.  Kate's been doing a fantastic job though.  I'm sure it's not easy doing what she's doing, but I know that if anyone could do it, it'd be her. 

Unfortunately, we have not seen quite enough of each other this past week because of our work schedules.  This will continue into next week and then we will possibly have a baby (I'm predicting soon..)  My band camp has kept me quite busy, so school starting will actually be a welcome break.  I also went golfing today...ya know...to relax!

We've got our birth plan all done, car seat's getting installed today, baby room looks fantastic, our hospital bags are packed, and I'm just making my predictions.  We of course don't want him TOO soon..but we're both ready for this baby dude...and so on..
This is legitimate.
Katie Konrad and Sarah Hammers


No comments:

Post a Comment