Friday, August 19, 2011

Any Day Now

Katie told me to give a shout out to Melissa Lawson for all the cool stuff she sent us for Danny.  SHOUT OUT!

So, our due date is September 2nd.  The doctor told us two weeks ago that it would be within two weeks.  Katie visited the doctor today...and we're on "any day now" watch.  My prediction two weeks ago was two weeks..which would be today.  I guess I still have 4 hours (3 hours and 57 minutes to be exact).  I'm going to win those darn pretzels.

Kate's spleen has a pretty good record.
 Katie is amazing.  She has this baby leaching off her and she is still holding down her job and doing other stuff like a champ.  I'm sure no job is easy at this point, but teaching K-2 music??  Fuhgetaboutit.  Very often I'll hear her go, "Ahh!" in a painful manner and I'm quick to ask if they're contractions, but Danny has turned her insides into his own personal MMA training zone...."this week..on pay-per-view...see Danny take on...THE SPLEEN!!"

 
 Good news!  According to thebump.com, our baby's head is the size of his abdomen.  I think it would
Yesteryear's World of Warcraft.
be kind of cool if my head was as big as my abdomen.  Granted I would look like Stewie from Family
Guy, I think it would help improve my ego.  Katie and I are both struggling to think about much else as we wait for this little guy to join our world.  Aside from our jobs, we've been spending most evenings lazing around watching Glee or playing MS-Dos games from 1989 (The Magic Candle anyone??).


Perfect head-to-abdomen ratio.


We're as ready as anyone can be, however..or so it seems.  Katie has been amazing at staying on top of preparatory tasks and now all we need is some baby up in hur.  Hopefully the next post I have is "hey...it's addababy itsaboy".  So...any day now...and so on....and ellipsis...






This is one of my favorite pictures that has nothing to do with what I wrote about today.

No comments:

Post a Comment