Friday, July 29, 2011

Fat Babies, Sore Backs, and School Oh My!

Well...I have some disheartening news..  Apparently our baby has a fat problem.  According to Baby Center, our Danny is putting on weight at the rate of 1 ounce a day.  I, of course, don't want him to feel self-conscious about his weight-gain, so I'm planning to begin putting on some daily weight..you know..for the kid.  He's supposedly 5 1/4 lbs (the weight of a honeydew melon) and 18 inches long (the length of about a foot and a half).  He's certainly getting big and BOY..does he move a lot!  I get a chance to see him moving around when we lay down to sleep and I swear he's figured out how to do the pommel horse in there.  I've already put some horizontal bars on order in case he becomes a gymnast.


This 18" ruler would be perfect for measuring Danny.
Honeydew Melon compared to a measly quarter.

 
Katie is still quite healthy.  Because of the added weight, her back has become quite sore.  We're hoping this alleviates itself some, especially since she goes back to school next week.  Teaching primary music means LOTS of getting up and down, moving around, etc.  Not conducive for 9-month pregnant women.  Maybe we can get an iPod app or something that'll teach her class for her..hmmm...I'll get on that.

Two of these.  Bring it on.
Being the band teacher of the family, I began my school camps this week with percussion camp from 9am - 3pm daily.  The next two weeks are our full ensemble camps from 9am - 1pm and 6pm - 9pm.  Needless to say...school has all but started.  We're excited to return to our routines.  We both really enjoy teaching and although the time off is nice, there's a reason we got into teaching (beyond the time off I mean).  Plus, it just brings us closer to baby time. I have a feeling we'll go a bit before our due date (not too early of course).  I'm taking bets.  Not money...how about pretzels or something like that.  Two pretzels that she'll go a day before! 

We're enjoying life.  Our baby room is looking fantastic (I assembled the chair last week, so we're nearing completion).  We'll hopefully get some more pics (that's short for pictures) up soon for all our fans to see.  You'll see the paintings, animals, chair, crib, etc, etc...and so on...

No comments:

Post a Comment