Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Kiss from the Sun..Burns

A limerick about sunburns...

I once knew a man from Papillion
who camped when the sky was cerulean (that's a bluish color)
He had on no shirts
now his skin hurts
and it sucks.




Well, it's be a long week..ish, since our inaugural post.   Although the opening poetry has many of you on the edges of your seats, I must restrain telling our heroic tales until a later paragraph.  Lil' Danny
Our nephew, Jack, on his 1st birthday.
has been magnificent.  I was able to play with him the other day. Our play was limited to me feeling him kick his poor mother, but I thought it was quite fun.  I should wrap myself in a blanket, kick a little to try to get in touch with my in utero baby.  Katie officially hit 31 weeks yesterday, so the baby apparently weighs as much as 4 naval oranges.  I recommend going to the store and trying it out yourself.  I went with 5 myself because I think our kid's going to be a fatty.






Despite her recent bout with pregnancy, Katie has been quite the trooper.  We were able to enjoy the 2nd Annual Yard Olympics at her brother, Rick, and his girlfriend, Jackie's place. Without getting too specific, Katie and I are the 2nd runner-ups at Washers in all of the tournament...possibly the world. I felt like Danny gave us an added advantage.

We represented McDonald Island at the 2nd Annual Yard Olympics


















We went camping a couple days ago at Louisville State Park in Louisville, NE.  GO LIONS! 
This guy's a jerk
Anyways, we wanted to work on our color so we hung out at the lake for maybe 7-8 hours.  It was close to 100 degrees out, so it was nice to be able to get all wet and stuff.  Although I like to keep my physique a mystery (like a superhero), I proceeded to burn my entire torso.  If the sunscreen we used
were a person, I wouldn't fight him, but I'd probably talk behind his back a ton so that others wouldn't like him.  SPF 30 evidently will not suffice for my white-washed mid-section.  It was so bad, that we had to leave the camp grounds in the middle of the following night. 

 

Just so we understand, my wife is 31 weeks pregnant, and we left from camping early because of my affliction.  I call them sympathy burns.  






It was a wonderful day though.  Lots of swimming, people watching, and Gambino's eating. 





 This week, we plan to Aloe up, blow up some fireworks (on the 4th of coursth), and so on..

PS:  The mispelling of course was intentional because I liked how it rhymed with 4th. 

PPS:  The misspelling of mispelling was not intentional.



This is my superhero mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment