Friday, July 22, 2011

So you're married to a nerd

I do not know how to break it to my wife.  I just finished working on drill for marching band and struggled to choose between whether to watch X-Men or Star Trek:  TNG (The Next Generation).  I might let her down softly by maybe leaving my old comic card collection out by accident, then the next week or so, I'll let slip by accident, "I love you" in Shyriiwook (Wookiee speak)...by the way, it's "anoohowo rooohu" by the way.




My prediction for Katie.
Baby Daniel is a whopping -6 weeks old today.  Our online resources say that babies without previous health issues can be born without having long-term health issues.  That is quite exciting.  Danny is actually participating in a wedding today.  Kate's good friend, Sarah, will soon be married and Kate was nicely asked to be a bridesmaid.  Months ago, I remember Kate saying, "Ugh!  I'm going to be 8th months pregnant at Sarah's wedding!" and it seemed so very long away.  Well, here it is and we've never been closer to unveiling our world to the little guy.  Katie and Danny continue to get high marks at their doctor's appointments.  He is even a bit larger than average!  Fat baby!  From here on out, Katie will be going weekly.  Closer and closer!

Katie has been still doing quite well.  The addition and misappropriation of weight has started to take a toll on her back, keeping her aching daily.  From our weekly online updates, however, it sounds like things could be a lot worse.  So we're still quite thankful.

Katie and Sarah focusing on the baseball game.
This week has been wedding, wedding, wedding for Katie.  I distracted myself with some obsessive World of Warcraft exploration (don't worry...it was only for 7 days) and school work.  It has been quite nice having the summer off, but I think we're both looking forward to returning.  If not for the daily routine, at least for the fact we're closer to baby-drop.  Big news! Our baby room is nearing completion.  We assembled our changing table yesterday and our rocking chair sits behind me disassembled.  Our theme is jungle.  So...many monkeys and giraffes.


Laura interacting with Katie.



On a side note...as I type this blog, I've decided that I want Patrick Stewart to read my autobiography aloud if it ever becomes an audio book...or becomes written for that matter.

Make it so.


I'm already in the midst of our summer band camps at school, but don't worry, that will not affect the readers demand for weekly blogs from the Konrads.  I cannot deal with any mob uprisings, riots, looting..and so on..  

4 comments:

  1. Funny, I watched some of X Men today...and I love TNG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason...you just moved up my list. I'm not going to tell you which list or what number you are, but this is QUITE a positive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so honored to be featured on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie you look wonderful!!Finally showing I see and carrying it quite well!

    ReplyDelete