Sunday, April 8, 2012

New House

We did it!  We're in our new house.  I apologize for the lack of updates last week, but we signed on Friday and started moving Saturday.  Thanks to all the help from my Dad, Kate's mom and siblings, my buddy Brad, and our friends Adam and Jess.  We had most everything moved over in a whopping 2 1/2 hours.  So nice to have the help we did.  Thanks again.  I wish I had more (or any) pictures of the moving extravaganza, but it was all business (and I forgot).  
Tough.
Also, we keep failing to get a picture of us in front of our house.  I meant to get one tonight, but my memory is failing with my old age...but alas, I update you from our new bedroom in our new house.  We are completely moved in save a box.  Big kudos to Kate for getting so much accomplished this past week.  It was busy and stressful, but it's so great.
Easter Grass.
We haven't had a chance to really meet-meet our neighbors.  I yelled at a guy two houses away (to say "hello") and Kate met one of our neighbors, but other than that, we've seen very little.  We do know that one neighbor has a pool so "Project Befriend Pool Neighbors" has begun..
Playing with Aunt Tina.
Daniel's made some pretty significant progress in the past couple weeks.  Aside from sitting up on his own, he now can crawl and pull himself up to moderately-high surfaces. He's a champ at it now.  Super strong legs. 
Beautiful Easter outfits.
Today we celebrated Easter and were able to attend 10:45am service at Calvary Christian, head to Kate's folks, and host my own family evening.  Unfortunately, we are without my mother because she is in Alabama with her family as my Pop (grandpa on my mother's side) just passed away.  It is hard to write something as seemingly trivial as a blog update when you know some of the struggles they've had down there.  I will miss my Popi so much and I can't wait to tell Daniel all the great things about this man.  I am convinced that some of my greatest attributes were passed down from him through my own mother to me.  I am proud of that.  I love you, Pop and I'll certainly miss you, but thank you for everything.  
Eye-gouging.
Watching Daniel play and grow brings so much joy to my heart because it just reminds me how we all started.  I think my grandparents would be proud of who I am now and I know I'll work to do the same for my own son because I (we) owe it to them for all the adversity they overcame and work they put into raising who would eventually be our parents, the ones who most directly made me who I am.  Thank you all for the prayers and support in this situation, we will certainly miss him. 
My Pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment