Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy 1-Month Birthday



I did some extensive research and I came across a fact that female mosquitoes can live up to a month long.  Males?...about a week.  So Daniel has essentially conquered the mosquito race.  It's not up for discussion.  But anyways...



Our son is one month old!  I cannot believe that it's already been that long.  He's certainly becoming an old fart (a large one at that).  I wish we could give you measurements, but I think we'll have to wait until his fast-approaching 2-month appointment.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and make a guess that he'll weigh 50 lbs.  I know...I know...lofty goal, but I think he's got it in him.  40 lbs in month, LET'S DO IT!  We've been doing lots of tummy time and his neck muscles are superb.  I kind of consider myself his strength coach.  I yell, "lift" and he lifts.  Good team.


Katie has been doing well.  She's trying to get out of the house and has been visiting with her other "maternity leave" friends.  I call them the "Three Muskematerniteers".  Daniel certainly has his fussy days and nights, so that can be emotionally exhausting, especially for Katie who spends more of the day with him, but he also has really great days where he naps a bunch so she can either nap herself or get some things done. 

Not a whole lot has happened in the past few days.  I've unfortunately seen Daniel very little because of my marching band schedule (football games on Friday + all day long competitions = little Daddy/Daniel time), but we're spending lots of time together today.  A great teacher once told me "quality over quantity" and I intend to keep that.  For the record, I certainly enjoy my football games/marching contests and my students, it's just a fact that it keeps me from home.

The wonderful Marshalls came over and visited on Thursday, so we'll certainly attach some pictures to commemorate that occasion.  Their daughter, Amelia is growing at a quick clip as well!  SO MANY BABIES!  We also took a nice walk around the lake today.  Be-a-u-tiful day to push a baby 'round a lake.  My schedule this week is less intense than previous, so I'm looking forward to more time at home, which means more time to update my blog...and so on...(it's hard integrating the titular line...I'm thinking no mas).














No comments:

Post a Comment