Wednesday, October 12, 2011

We Got Smiling!

Alert the Army Corps, because we got ourselves some rising levels...of smiling that is!  I've only witnessed a few, but Katie has been documenting these face-flexes furiously (nice alliteration!)

























 


















Again, I know I sound like a broken-record, but I apologize for the delayed updates.  I don't know how to tell you that I've been busy, so I'll say it in Portuguese:  Eu estive ocupado (Google Translate).  There, that's out of the way.  Man, the weeks have been flying by!  In two days, he'll be a whopping 6 weeks old!  He was weighed yesterday and he's 11 lbs 3 oz!  What is going on?!!?  We're starting to meet the reality of "clothes-not-fitting".  His little baseball and Nebraska onesie have already become out of style (that's what I say to seem trendy).  I'm pretty sure his monkey-butt pants still fit...oh heavens I pray they do.

Daniel is currently sleeping at 6:35pm on a wonderful Wednesday evening.  We're discussing why he cannot choose to sleep like this all the time.  I'm sad to say that Katie takes the brunt of little sleep.  She's been very good about accommodating my get-up-at-5:30am-and-home-at-10pm schedule, and tries to give me some extra shuteye.  She's just been all-around amazing (I got a lot of hyphens this post...and ellipsis...)  We've been standing and sitting him up more often.  As you saw in the picture, he's beginning to smile, which is our version of playing.  All-in-all he's extremely healthy and MAN are we thankful.

I alluded to how Katie is doing, but she's been keeping busy around the apartment and trying to visit with friends and family, albeit rarely.  We're both feeling a little sicky lately with some throat pain.  As I said, Katie is operating on much less sleep, but she's grown closely with a little show called Grey's Anatomy in the process (thank you Netflix).

Daniel continues to protest the Huskers.  Man-oh-man (I'm typing "man" a lot too), Baylor continues to do well, but see what happens when we mandated a Husker uniform rule in the apartment.  (Thank you to my mother for providing these wonderful hats):

This is before he found out about Jared Crick


Yeah...not good.  Plenty of time to brainwash.  This weekend is my one week off from marching band and Huskers do not play, so we'll be doing lots of playing and smiling.  I love me some marching band, but I'm certainly looking forward to spending more time with Katie and Daniel.  It's never enough.

My school threw us a surprise baby shower!  Thank you again to everyone who provided us with such wonderful things!  I'm very blessed to have such generous coworkers.  ...e assim por diante...

Grandpa Konrad and Nana K

Check out that emotion!

3 comments:

  1. What an expressive little man he is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we talk about his being obsessed with Baylor? There is no bigger joke in Texas than Baylor University, whether they win a few games or their dude's in contention for the Heisman or not. Wait, since he can't talk, are YOU obsessed with Baylor? If this is the case, I need you to come to California so I can slap you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since Daniel can't type..or talk...this is what I sensed from him, "haters gonna hate".

    ReplyDelete