Sunday, October 23, 2011

What a Nutso Week!

I do not mean "nutso" in the literal sense.  I mean, we did have some peanuts at one time or another, but not many other types of nuts.  I mean, don't you agree that to be actually "nutso", one would need to partake in at least 8-9 different types of nuts...don't you?  Anyways, I don't mean it in the literal sense (as previously written), I mean it in the, "we've been quite busy" sense.  I had our state marching band contest (also our final performance of the season), our final volleyball pep band, and an Elsasser Family Wedding.  Does this sound like I'm trying to make excuses...hah!  It shouldn't sound like anything, unless you're reading this aloud.

Family wedding photo.
This past weekend was a beautiful, beautiful time.  Kate's brother, Brian, married and we now have a new family member, Danielle Elsasser.  Her friends call her Dani.  The rehearsal dinner was great!  The wedding was great!  AND the reception was great!  It was a wonderful weekend and one of which I'm glad to have been a part.  The reception was an exceptional time too because we were able to leave Captain Crybaby at home with my mother.  Hence, we were able to dance our butts off without worry of Daniel being a party pooper (literally?)  Katie was also able to take part in Saturday festivities with her family (it was a Friday wedding) and it sounded like a GREAT time!  I finished up my final 2011 marching band performance and contest in Lincoln, NE.  It was a great way to end the season and I am mighty proud of my students, although I am excited to spend some weekends at home. 

Looking dapper

Oh yeah, congrats to Jen and Queño!  They're having a baby too!


Big surprise...Daniel's still packing on the pounds.  He was a whopping 12lbs 1 oz on his last Tuesday visit.  I'm sure he's close to 20-30 lbs by now.  I don't know..I'm no good at guesstimating.  We had a huge benchmark this week.  After many nights of not sleeping on his own and his poor mommy not getting any quality sleep in bed, Daniel's going on almost a week of sleeping in his crib BY HIMSELF (not that we could fit).  Big, big deal.  It's very nice for Katie to get an extended amount of sleep.  Since modern technology will not allow me to feed Daniel on our terms, I'm able to sleep more, but Katie was getting the brunt of his crabby nights..but he seems to have turned a corner and is doing much better.


Hyuk!

Monkey man!


We got more smiling pictures and I'm teaching him to walk.  He's a smart kid.  Very smart.  He's becoming much more playful and interacting much more than he had.  I'm teaching him also to pull on this cord that makes a ladybug play a song..I'm sure I'll regret this later when he does so incessantly.  His head/neck is also much stronger.  He's not holding it up completely on his own, but certainly stronger.  Katie goes back to work in less than two weeks on November 2nd.  She's not looking forward to this and I can imagine it will be quite hard, but we know we'll have some great care from our friend, Emily.  It's all part of the process and I'm just excited to see him get bigger, stronger, faster, and cooler.

We match!
 

I should have a talking bubble coming out of her mouth saying "wazzzzzup!"

1 comment:

  1. That little suit Daniel was in at the wedding was sooooo cute! Did you actually have to undo his pants? Like father like son??? I had a good time playing with Daniel Friday night. Then, he had to get tired and ruin it all. I thought we'd stay up and have snacks and watch movies. Oh well. Seriously...I really enjoyed it and Aunt Tina was there for awhile, too. She was really good with Daniel! Congratulations Queno and Jen! (How do you insert a tilda above the "n" in Queno? Oh. well. Happy to see the blog updated. I'll be happy to see Zac, Katie and Daniel a little more.

    ReplyDelete