Sunday, March 25, 2012

What a Week

I'd put him in this box and just relax a bit.  Seemed to manage fine.
So, for those of you who are avid followers, you'll know that last week was a significant week for me as a parent.  I was on Spring Break from teaching which meant that, during the day, it was alllllll Daddy/Daniel time.  I was a bit nervous given that I had never been solo with Daniel during the day for an extended amount of time (IE:  A week).  It was certainly tiring, but wonderful.
Computering with Grandpa.
We had some pretty exciting adventures, fussy sessions, and good old-fashioned playing time.  On Monday, we stayed in all day because I wanted to get a feel for his schedule.  Went pretty well dog-gone-it.  Tuesday, we ventured out to see my father.  This started the "falling asleep on the way home from everything" episodes I experienced much of the week.  You see, Daniel takes two naps a day:  One in the morning, one in the afternoon.  Whenever I would venture out, Daniel would end up falling asleep on the way home, thus screwing up his nap schedule for the day.  Actually...we did get a nice two-hour nap one day....ONE day...eh well.  My first time I would try to keep Daniel awake while driving home because he would seriously be passed out to the point that I could pat the side of his face and he wouldn't budge.  On following days, I just took advantage of the sleep time to drive around, get lunch, and listen to music.  Might as well I figured.
Cutie patootie.
On Wednesday, I had lunch with my college professor.  It was quite great.  His own son is going to be a middle schooler next year...man time flies!  On Thursday, Grandpa Konrad came over to watch Daniel while I packed and he then proceeded to load all of our boxes into our garage for us.  Super, super helpful.  I should mention that this will likely be my last blog update from our apartment.  I've become used to moving every 1-3 years (with the exception of my home through high school), but bringing Daniel home to this place for that first time is a memory you don't leave easily.  Many more to come in our new place though.
We got a percussionist up in here.
On Friday, we visited our good friend, Michael and his baby, Jude.  I can't believe that Daniel was once as small as a 2-month old...he's such a giant now...well...a mini-giant.  I mean, giants are once children too...I guess.  Anyways...the rest of the weekend has been full of errands, family time, packing, and hanging out with our friends, the Wimmers (whom just left as I write this).  All-in-all it's been a wonderful week.  I know I won't get this many opportunities to spend as much time as I did with Daniel, so I really tried to milk it for all it's worth.  If there's one thing I hear more than ever, it's "they grow up so fast".  Also, we found out this week that my brother, Eric, and his wife, Noelle are having a baby girl...it's going to be an amazing year!  Congrats to them!
Wrestling with the playmat.
Seeing double.

2 comments: