Sunday, March 11, 2012

March Madness!!

Hyuck!
How about that title for being original!  I'll take it though.  Sometimes originality slows down your creativity (I don't know if I actually agree with the previous sentence...the words just kept coming out as I typed and I really don't feel like changing it).  Now that that is out of the way, we can get started...so...how are you?  I'm doing fine.  Let's talk family...
We let him order.  They brought us "gyuahh" or whatever he was saying.
Daniel's been doing pretty well.  I feel like his overnight sleeps are improving.  It reminds me of the stock market.  You have little ups and downs here and there, but overall, it improves (or worsens)  Let's just hope we can avoid a sleep recession.  Katie had to go out and buy some pants for Daniel because he's just such a long little dude.  His other pants were looking like capris....looking like a fool with capris on the ground.   He's so very close to getting to a sitting position from laying on his belly.  He just gets stuck in this "in-between" position. He's also getting quite close to crawling.  I know, I know...he'll be doing it in no time, but man oh man, these life-steps are just so exciting. 
Hanging out with boxes.

I've had an eventful week of concerts, jazz contests, and grilling.  The weather outside has improved immensely over the past 4-5 months.  It took awhile to get there and it's been a mild winter, but heck, I'll take this 60-70 degree weather any day.  I mean, we can't all live like our friends, William and Lucy North in the rough California weather.  Anyways, yesterday we were able to grill out at Kate's parents' house.  It was a good time and I was able to work on my golf chipping as I humiliated myself in front of my in-laws.  It's all about the experience. 
Daniel being a sour puss with Aunt Jenny.
Kind of busy week ahead, but the following week I'm on Spring Break.  My first one as a father, so I better be getting some good day trips in order (Cancun, here we come!).  MY father has spring break that week as well, so we'll do some three-generation activities as well.  Maybe ice-fishing or something...anyways.  Katie has her 2nd grade programs this week (she's doing folk dance night instead of a traditional program, it sounds AMAZING) and it occurs over three nights.  I also have a concert, honor band, and parent-teacher conferences.  Oh well.  Busy is as busy does or whatever...
Snuggle Monster
Anyways... (I should have called this blog "anyways" due to my many tangents).  I want to ask for some prayers for my mother's family in Alabama.  They're dealing with a couple pretty significant health issues right now and we're really praying for speedy recoveries.  Thank you all so much and I wish you happy bracket-choosing!

No comments:

Post a Comment