Monday, March 19, 2012

Springtime!

Daniel's packing.
 Well, today starts my first day of Spring Break...I know, I know...some of you don't get a Spring Break.  To you, I wish you the best!  I recommend taking a week of vacation this month or so!  Anyways, today begins my adventure of "Single Dad" life...at least during the day.  I'll admit that I'm a bit nervous, but Katie left me a schedule and I had a bit of a practice run yesterday.  So, now he just needs to nap perfectly.  He went down at 8am, so...at least we got 20 minutes so far.
It looks like he's planning to put the giraffe in chains!

Aside from Daddy/Daniel time this week, I'll be doing quite a bit of packing/moving as we prepare for our March 30th/31st moving time.  You can see below that Katie's closet has made a dramatic transformation (mine has since done the same).  It's good for us to go through all of our stuff because it encourages us to donate/trash a lot of things that we...don't really need/want.  I DID find a box of old cards from since I was a child.  The oldest card was from my mother that she gave me when I was 6 or 7 years old.  It was a random gift where I could "use" the card to go to a movie (with a friend of course), get lunch, and hang out with mi madre.  I honestly don't think I ever used it because I was saving it.  Maybe I'll take advantage of that now...although my friend will probably be one of my roommates. 
It's a miracle!

Anyways, Katie and I had our busy week full of her 2nd grade folk dance nights (which went off quite well from what I heard) and my concerts/Parent-Teacher Conferences/honor band.  They were good times though.  However, I welcome the time off to get caught up around the house and for packing.  Now, I just need to stick to that plan...although video games are calling my name...
Grandpa Konrad, Daniel, and Rattle.
Daniel's over 21lbs now, so we actually have to move him to a convertible car seat because the weight limit is 22lbs on the current one.  Chunky dude.  His clothes are shrinking too, BUT we also get to bust out some of the clothes he hasn't fit into yet, including his "Captain of the S.S. Cutie" romper that I picked out.  He's a stud.  Welp!  Sorry, for being a day late.  I hope you enjoy my updates.  I got a wild week of hanging with Grandpa Konrad, lunch with my old professor, and a Guys' date with Michael Pollock and their firstborn, Jude.  Wild times.    
Is this considered Spelunking? 

1 comment: