Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Ho ho ho!!!  Meeerrrry Christmas!  What a great weekend!  Presents certainly aren't everything to me by any means, but I was certainly blessed this weekend by my family.  To start off, I enjoyed one of my favorite Christmas Eve services since I can remember.  A quote from Scott our pastor, "I know many of you wanted to come here and hear about little baby Jesus and how we was born and it WAS great, but he grew up!  And this is how he showed love..."  So awesome.  Love who I am.

Katie and I had a wonderful Christmas Eve routine that includes a service, looking at Christmas lights and champagne.  Service was wonderful.  Daniel cried after the service most of the ride home so we nixed the Christmas lights.  The champagne was on sale at Wal-Mart and was pretty awful.  BUT, I came home to an HD Television from my wife.  She had given my parents the keys and they set up everything while we were out.  I had NO idea.  Very cool.  It's just one of her many gifts.  A couple before and after shots below.
Clever thief

Santa in his younger years


Christmas day was wonderful.  We woke up (or I should say, were woken up) at about 5am and decided to exchange gifts and hang out with Daniel.  Daniel got a Johnny Jump Up and just LOVES it.  He jumps around more than House of Pain.  I should be honest, he probably spins more than he jumps right now, but as my father always says, "spininess is next to jumpiness".

Happy dude

Following our small family Christmas, we went over to MY parents and celebrated with my mother and father, Eric and Noelle, and Jason and Tina. What a nice time.  I do love ALL of my family.  Beyond gifts even, I just love having such a great support system on all sides while we go through this transition in our life. 

Daniel is growing like crazy.  He's so heavy and it's starting to take a toll on my back and legs.  I need to do some calisthenics or something.  We got big plans this week of random acts and planned resting.  I wish you all the best.  Daniel has been steadily improving night to night with not having his Swaddle Me and we're so thankful..rest is good.
Family picture in front of our tree

Little elf

No comments:

Post a Comment