Friday, December 23, 2011

I Should Be Replaced

There's been many calling for my replacement as blog updater.  To those people, you are required by Blogger bylaws to issue a recall vote.  Until then...you're stuck with me.  I also apologize for the lack of updates lately.  I blame one of my two room mates.  I actually typed the below last week, but have not been able to finish it until today.  Please forgive me.

Last Sunday we celebrated our first of many Christmases together as a family, both for this year (we have 5 total) and those to come.  We began with Katie's immediate family and ended the day with the Tomes side of the family (Katie's mother's side).  It was a wonderful time and I received some very, very nice gifts personally.  Also, more toys/books for Daniel = more toys/books for Daddy.  As much as I love my son, it was always nice to rest my arms/brain and allow the other members of our family to enjoy Daniel's company through holding.  What a wonderful time though.  Certainly enjoyed it and best of all...NO TOWED CARS (story for another day).   I enjoy all my Christmases (is that a soap opera?), so we're continuing to look forward to some more good clean fun this weekend....that means no holding, no low punches, no biting, gouging or rabbit punches...anyways.

If I could work in reverse chronological order, last Saturday was an interesting day in the Konrad household.  Katie has been involved in a wedding with one of her great friends, Amanda and has needed to be gone for various events.  Which means...that's right, Daddy's in charge.  I've had a few nights where I've been responsible for putting him down (to bed I mean), but yesterday presented the first entire day without Kate (on a side note, I constantly jump between Katie and Kate to refer to my wonderful wife, Katherine and either or works, so it just depends on how I'm feeling at the very moment..thank you, this has been a Zac Konrad Side Track).  I always knew that being alone all day with a child had as many, if not more challenges than being out all day doing a job or something else, but man oh man, yesterday was a BEAST.  I have great respect for Katie for all the days she did and others that do the same.  I do not know how many single parents do this, because I would have been lost without my honey bunny (Katie...or Kate...whatever floats your boat).

Alright, I'm going out of order.  We went caroling last night and were very blessed to have my mother watch Daniel.  You see, he ROLLED OVER last weekend and since then, we've had to stop swaddling him with his Swaddle Me..kind of a difficult transition.  Thanks to some motherly advice and dedication on our parts, he's been improving night to night.  He's grown up up so much.  Can you believe he's 17 lbs when last weighed him!  Porky.

Katie and I are both on break now and looking forward to this weekend with both our family and MY family.  Although Daniel was with us last year in utero, I'm sure he'll enjoy it more this time around.
























Last note, Daniel laughed for the first time with us.  I have not seen it yet, but Katie claims it is true.  I give credit to the rubber ducky.

No comments:

Post a Comment