Sunday, December 4, 2011

3 Months Down

Holy smokes!  Our little guys is a whopping three months old!  He's officially out of his fourth trimester.  He no longer thinks he's still inside a belly.  He's been growing up quickly.  I'm estimating his weight at 34 lbs or so.  Again, I'm a terrible estimater, but I have spunk and that's all that matters.
Great picture

We had a nice weekend of just chillin' and relaxin' and actin' all cool.  We had our first snow, so the decision to stay in was an easy one.  We did venture out once or twice, but only to visit my father, worship it up at church, and I decided to go shopping...grocery shopping that is.  We were also able to visit with our friends, Patrick and Sarah Hammers on Saturday.  They braved the snow to come visit lil' ol' us.  I should've taken pictures...dang..but having visitors was certainly nice. 

Daniel has been making great strides. We're still figuring out some of his routines.  He had been sleeping at night like a rockstar and all of the sudden this past week he decided to..well...sleep like a very rude, loud walrus.  I don't know how rude walruses usually are, but this was an exceptionally rude walrus...anyways, he went from sleeping 8-9 hours a night to remaining awake 8-9 hours a night.  The weekend was a different story, but it took a toll on our work days.  Maybe he's hatching some sort of plan...maybe he's just rude. 

I've been reading online baby things again and apparently he recognizes my face now.  I should probably grow my beard out so that he gets used to that too.  What if I wanna join a ZZ Top cover band...gotta be ready.  I guess I could always be the drummer...I'm trying to use more vocabulary too.  Lately it's been a lot of "meeee meee mee mee mee" in a very high voice.  It makes him smile.  He's smiling like a champ though.  We think he's pretty close to laughing.  I think he's got the "hah" part down, but not the "hah hah".  I'm going through my joke library to see if I can get him going. 

We're nearing our first Christmas together and boy are we excited.  Stay tune for more (hopefully more frequent) updates. 


Shrunken socks

Snuggling

He's playing at a 4 month level.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy these blog posts so much! He's so smart and cute!

    ReplyDelete