Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers' Day!

Way to go buddy, lay on the awesomeness.

Oh boy.  What a fun-filled day.  This'll be the 3rd year celebrating Mothers' Day for my beautiful wife, Katie.  Only the second with Daniel in the outer-world.  I've been married only once and that continues to be with Katie.  She's the greatest thing that's ever happened to me (along with bringing me Daniel) and I continue to be amazed by her day-to-day.  She's strong, witty, smart, beautiful, and a joy to be around.  She's a fantastic mother, and I know that even with all my faults, Daniel will turn out exceptionally in large part because of her.  I love you, Kate.
Never fear...

We've been fielding some busy schedules the past couple weeks.  I'm proud to report that my groups ended with great performances to finish the year.  Katie finished her classes with fantastic grades.  We're really looking forward to spending much, much time bonding this summer.  I still have some end-year obligations this next week, but we're really sailing now.  The weather is finally shaping up too, so that really makes it feel like...ya know...summer.  We got big plans ahead of us too.  I've been training for some races including a 10K on May 19th and the Warrior Dash on June 9th with my bro-in-law.
He loves this bear.

Today, we began by visiting my own mother.  She's been feeling under the weather because of some tooth issues, but we still brought her a cinnamon roll and will be treating her to dinner later this week when she's feeling more up to it.  Afterwards, I played with Daniel in the yard while Katie rested.  I actually was raking up dead grass from a mowing that was TOO short.  Following that, it was an Elsasser celebration for Kate's side of the family.  We had had Elaina's birthday the previous day, so Jen and Queño volunteered to host.  We were missing Brian and Dani (Kate's brother and sis-in-law), but it was because they were birthing their own baby!  Congrats on bringing Brycen into the world!  What a wonderful Mothers' Day treat!!
Mother's Day Fun

Mother and daughter looking to injure themselves simultaneously.
Jamie's skateboarding...or something.
Four-person swinging

After some great food, playground fun, and some relaxing conversation, we end the night with some...rest.  Happy Mothers' Day to all the mothers out there and thanks for creating us.  On behalf of Katie, special shout-outs to our own mothers, grandmothers (both here and gone) and I again want to thank Katie for just being the very best.  Love you all.  Here's a picture of me from when I was six!!!
I see where Daniel gets his suaveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment