Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Birthdays Galore!

It's been a couple weeks, but we're rolling again!  Summer's just around the corner and wouldn't ya know it, it's starting to actually stay warm outside.  I'll have you know, however, that just around the corner, we're looking at close-to-freezing temperatures again this Wednesday/Thursday.  Oh joy!  We've had a lot happen in the past couple weeks and a lot coming up.  I've personally had big contest performances, a Pancake Feed fundraiser, musical performances, and lots of quality time with Daniel.  Katie's been finishing up her UNO classes and keeping busy with school work.

Fun with backpacks.

This past weekend, in between musical performances for me, we had our families over to celebrate some birthdays, mine on May 4th, my brother, Eric's on May 2nd, and my father's on April 29th.  It was nice getting everyone together.  We got some great cousins pictures and enjoyed some of the smallest charred-hamburgers this side of the Missouri.  Brats were pretty good.  Maybe I'll stick to brats.  I'm not kidding, I literally shrunk these burgers to half a bun's width.  You might not have thought that possible.  Gordon Ramsay would kill me...
Birthday fun.
This upcoming weekend, my sister and her fiancé are getting married.  I always love weekends like this because it means lots of family time, unhealthy food, and dancing (although my dancing is less than appetizing).  I'm excited to see my Nana (my mother's mother) from Alabama.  Very happy for Jason and Tina.  They're excellent together.
He's talking to the dog on the package.
Daniel just continues to impress.  He's such a routine-orientated guy.  I don't feel like we're that rigid with him, but he just likes things to be in a place or happen a certain way.  As stated in previous posts, this is for better or worse.  A somewhat unrelated note to self from last night, eating soup is no bueno for Daniel.  If I drain the broth, he seems to do okay.  I also need to cut the noodles up.  I was able to get some veggies in there too.  That was muy bueno.  We worked on his bubble-making skills yesterday.  He usually just takes the bubble-dipping mechanism and shakes it violently, not allowing any bubble slime to stay on.  He likes getting "wet", but it makes for a messy venture.  We'll keep working.

Off to school...

...oh yeah...forgot my pants.


Fun to see the similarities between me and Daniel.  



1 comment: